Roast meat of any kind is one of the easiest and yummiest food that you can make at home. There is an almost unending list of marinates that can be used to flavour up any glorious chunk of meat.
In our recipe below, we are making an easy roast lean pork in red wine vinaigrette. It makes a perfect Sunday roast for you and your loved ones.
The pork can also be thinly sliced up to be used as a beautiful filling for a sandwich, burger or butty. We did just so, by using it in our roast pork with cheese and caramelised onions in home-baked burger bun
Like us on Facebook for more recipes and updates!
Serves 5 to 6
- 1.5kg of boneless lean pork or pork loin (a combination of 3 to 4 individual chunks of 400g to 500g will do)
- 3 tbps red wine vinegar
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 tsps dried thyme (any other dried herb will also do. E.g. basil, oregano, rosemary)
- 1 tsps ground cumin
- 1 tsps salt
- 2 tsps coarse ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Marinate the pork with the pepper, salt, thyme, ground cumin, red wine vinegar, olive oil and honey.
- Place the pork in a roasting tray and pour all the marinate over the pork in the tray. Roast the pork in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and baste the pork with the juice.
- Remove the pork from the tray, place a rack over the roasting tray, and place the pork on the rack. Continue roasting in the oven for a further 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let it rest for about 10 to 15 mins.
- Slice and serve with the juices collected in the roasting tray.