We love indulging in pizzas every now and then. However, good true blue Italian-style pizzas at reasonable prices are hard to come by here.
Going with some good culinary advice from our brother-in-law, we experimented and discovered that Italian-style pizzas are amazingly easy to make at home. So for all of you pizza lovers out there, have a blast with this recipe!
Buon Appetito! 🙂
Like us on Facebook for more recipes and updates!
Makes 2 pizzas – 1 with seafood topping and 1 with ham and mushrooms topping
- 2 ready-made wraps
- 200ml of ready-made canned tomato paste for pizzas available at supermarkets. *Note: We used 2 tbsps of canned tomato paste diluted with about 200ml of water, which worked just as well.
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 200g of mozzarella cheese, cut into bite-sized chunks
- Olive oil for drizzling
For seafood topping:
- 1 squid, cut into rings
- 4 prawns, peeled
For ham and mushroom topping:
- 1 to 1.5 slices of ham of your choice, cut into little bits
- 1 handful of mushrooms, cut into chunks
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place the wraps on a large baking tray. Spread the tomato paste evenly onto each wrap using the back of a spoon in a circular motion from the inside out. Spread the crushed garlic in a similar fashion on each pizza base.
- For seafood topping: Lay out the prawns, squid and onions evenly onto one of the pizza bases. Then place the mozzarella chunks evenly on top of everything.
- For the ham and mushroom topping: Lay out the ham, mushrooms and onion evenly onto the other pizza base. Then place the mozzarella chunks evenly on top of everything.
- Drizzle olive oil onto both pizzas and place into the oven to bake at 200°C for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.