Not all tarts require baking, just as not all cravings are the same. Fret not, if you do not have an oven at home. It is still perfectly possible to make a great tart for dessert. Here is our sinful yet incredibly delicious recipe for a no-bake chocolate tart. It is easy to make, simple and most of all, it is a tart that requires no baking! Enjoy!
Like us on Facebook for more recipes and updates!
Serves 4 to 9
Preparation time: 20 mins
For the tart base:
- 200g all butter cookies (we used cookies with nuts in them! )
- 100g butter
- 1 tbsp honey
For the filling:
- 200g dark and milk chocolate bar/chips for melting
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
For the toppings:
- Sliced almonds
- Crushed honeycomb
- Melt the butter in a saucepan on low heat, add in the honey, stir well and leave it aside to cool.
- Put all the butter cookies into a zip-lock bag, seal it and crush the cookies by using your fist or any hard object.
- Transfer the crushed butter cookies into the honey butter mixture and mix well. Pour this mixture into a 9 x 9 inch tray lined with baking paper. Use a spoon to spread and press the mixture evenly onto the base of the tray and spread it evenly to all sides of the tray. Let it chill in a refrigerator.
- Next, place the dark chocolate bar/chips in a heat-proof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. (If you are using a chocolate bar, break the bar into smaller pieces first). Ensure that the water does not come into contact with the base of the bowl. Stir the chocolate gently as it melts. When melted, add in the vanilla extract and sift in the icing sugar.
- Remove the tart base from the refrigerator. Pour the chocolate mixture onto the tart base and put it back into the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of sliced almonds and honeycomb on top and it is ready to serve.