This recipe was adapted from one by Tanya Burr, who is one of my favourite beauty and baking vloggers. We have changed and modified the recipe to suit our preferences. For example, instead of pretzel, we used potato chips and we replaced white sugar with soft brown sugar. We also used less sugar.
This cookie is really yummy and can make it a good meal all on its own, so be prepared. Have fun baking! 😉
Like us on Facebook for more recipes and updates!
Makes 12 huge cookies
Preparation time: 40 minutes (including 30 minutes for the cookie dough to rest in the refrigerator)
Baking time: 12 minutes
- 180g soft brown sugar
- 200g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 320g self-raising flour
- 200g creamy peanut butter
- 200g M&Ms (milk chocolate)
- 40g potato chips (original/lightly salted)
- Optional: 2 tbsps milk
- Using a stand mixer, mix the butter and sugar until the mixture is soft and creamy. Next, add in the egg, vanilla extract, self-raising flour and peanut butter. Optional: add milk if the dough is a bit too stiff.
- Once the dough is evenly mixed, remove the mixing bowl from the stand mixer. Pour in all the M&Ms and potato chips into the mixing bowl and use a spatula to fold in all ingredients together. Note: The potato chips will crumble up as you mix. That is supposed to happen.
- Next, transfer the dough onto a sheet of cling wrap and wrap it up. Place the wrapped dough in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and divide it into 12 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a round ball and place it onto the tray. Leave some space between each piece as the dough will spread as it bakes. Gently flatten every ball slightly with your fingers.
- Bake the cookies for about 12 minutes.
- When done, leave them to cool completely before serving.