On our recent trip to Taipei, we brought home a bottle of Taiwanese fish roe. It has a delicious flavour somewhat similar to Japanese mentaiko.
The roe could have used with pastas or as a spread for crackers, but we decided to try it out as a flavourful accompaniment to a seafood dish. Thus, we made the recipe of seafood in Taiwanese fish roe below. 🙂
Like us on Facebook for more recipes and updates!
Makes 2 servings
- 400g to 500g tiger prawns, de-shelled
- 100g to 200g squid, cut into rings
- 50g to 100g yellow pepper, chopped into bite-sized chunks
- 100g coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsps Taiwanese fish roe/Japanese mentaiko
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- Sesame oil
- Stir fry the yellow pepper, coriander, prawns and squid in a pan.
- Add the salt and pepper. Mix everything up and transfer it into a serving dish/bowl.
- Add the Taiwanese carviar/Japanese mentaiko.
- Mix everything up and it is ready to serve.