Madeleines are delightful treats and a wonderful source of comfort. These yummy cakes are easy to make and they go extremely well with tea or coffee. Here’s a recipe for you to try out! Enjoy 🙂
Like us on Facebook for more recipes and updates!
Makes 12 delicious Madeleines
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: about 15 minutes
- 60g unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (or 1 vanilla pod)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 75g of caster sugar
- 60g plain flour
- 1 lemon’s zest
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and set it aside to cool.
- Using a stand mixer, mix the eggs, vanilla extract and salt at a high-speed, until the mixture has a light texture. While mixing, add in the sugar gradually, then continue mixing at a high-speed for about 5 minute, till the mixture is thick and pale and ribbons form in the bowl when the whisk is lifted.
- Using a spatula, gently fold in the sifted flour in batches.
- Next, slowly pour in the melted butter by the edge of the bowl and add the lemon zest. Continue to fold the batter gently, until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Butter and flour a madeleine tray. Use a spoon to distribute the batter into the Madeleine tray’s moulds.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- Serve when the Madeleine are cool. These lovely cakes are best eaten fresh out of the oven!