We tried making paella one day, when we were craving for it. Here’s our recipe. Enjoy! 🙂
Like us on Facebook for more recipes and updates!
Makes 5 to 6 servings
- 300g Japanese rice
- 400g chicken breast, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 200g pork chorizo sausages, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 red pepper, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed/minced
- 1 stalk of flat leaf/Chinese parsley, roughly chopped
- 100g to 150g frozen peas
- 200g fresh deshelled prawns or frozen peeled prawns
- 200g fresh squid, cut into rings
- 200g fresh mussels or clams
- 200ml of beef/chicken stock
- 1 to 2 tsps paprika
- 1 tbsp tomato puree or 1 tsp tomato paste diluted in 1 tbsp of water.
- 200ml boiling water
- 1 lemon for squeezing
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- In a large pot, stir-fry the chicken, chorizo, onion, garlic, parsley and paprika in about 2 tbsps of olive oil on medium heat for about 4 minutes. Add the red pepper and stir-fry for around 3 more minutes.
- Add in the rice and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the the tomato paste/puree, the stock and boiling water. Cover with a lid, bring everything to a boil and let it simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring regularly. If the rice is too dry, add a bit more stock/water.
- Add the prawns, squid and peas and mix them in. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Push the mussels/clams into the rice. Cook for about 4 mins.
- Season with salt and pepper, squeeze in the lemon, mix and serve.