There is something very comforting about mussels cooked in white wine. The dish is flavourful and is great for sharing with good company. Unfortunately, however, mussels in white wine often costs a bomb at restaurants in Singapore and serving sizes are inadequate. Our hunger for this dish led us to create this simple and inexpensive recipe to impress our friends when they drop by for a visit.
Like us on Facebook for more recipes and updates!
Serves 3 to 4
- 400 to 500g of fresh green mussels, washed
- 1 large yellow/red pepper, chopped
- 1 to 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bunch of coriander, chopped
- 5 to 6 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 250ml of chicken broth or stock
- 187ml bottle of white wine
- Salt and pepper
- Put the mussels, pepper, celery, onion, coriander, garlic into a large pot.
- Pour in the chicken broth/stock and white wine and mix everything up.
- Cover the pot with a lid and let everything cook over a gentle heat for about 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once all mussels have opened up, the dish is ready to be served. Season with salt and pepper to taste.