There is nothing lovelier than having a lazy afternoon tea with little sweet treats. Here’s a recipe for delicious lemon muffins that will make a wonderful treat for those lazy afternoon teas at home, especially on the weekends. All you’ll need to go with these simple sweet treats are a nice big pot of tea and some friends to share them with. Or you can them all to yourself. 😉
Like us on Facebook for more recipes and updates!
Makes 12 regular muffins
Preparation time: 15 mins
Baking time: 20 mins
- 225g of unsalted butter, softened
- 225g of self-raising flour
- 180g of caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of ground almond
- 2 lemons for their zest
- Preheat the oven to 180°C with the fan on.
- Mix the butter and sugar in a mixer at medium speed until it is pale and creamy. Reduce the speed of the mixer, add the vanilla extract, eggs (one at a time) and lemon zest, mix well.
- Remove the mixing bowl from the mixer, gently fold in the sifted self-raising flour until everything is combined.
- Divide the mixture into a 12-cup muffin tray (line the tray’s cups with greaseproof paper) and bake for 20 mins.
- Remove from oven to cool completely before serving.
Tip: You can keep the muffins in air tight container and store it in the fridge for 2 – 4 days. Guess what? Overnight muffins taste the best!