Ready-made wraps are a great thing to have in the kitchen. With a good imagination, wraps are versatile things for making fairly convenient meals. Here is our simple recipe for wraps with home-made meatballs. Have a blast! 🙂
Like us on Facebook for more recipes and updates!
Makes 2 wraps
- 200g minced beef (use minced rump if possible)
- 5 button/brown mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 bunch of coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp dried herb – rosemary/basil/oregano/tarragon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 ready-made wraps
- Grated parmesan cheese
- A few leaves of fresh salad spinach
- Optional: 1 tsp of canned tomato paste
- Optional: Mustard/BBQ/Any other sauce you like
- Season the minced beef with salt, pepper and the dried herbs. Mix everything gently into the meat, then roll them gently into little balls. *Note: Don’t squash them too much because the meatballs will be very dense.
- Cook the meatballs in a pan. once all sides are browned, add in the mushrooms, onion and garlic (Optional: Stir in the tomato paste here). Cook for about 6 minutes. *Note: Liquid will be produced from the cooking.
- Lay the wraps onto a baking tray and place a few spinach leaves onto them.
- Spoon some of the filling without the onto the wraps. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over them. Optional: Add the sauce you like here.Wrap everything up and toast in an oven for 3 to 4 minutes at about 170°C. *Note: Don’t transfer the filling’s liquid onto the wrap!
- Remove from the oven and serve.