There are burgers, burgers, everywhere these days, but nothing satisfies us more than making our own juicy one. We make burgers regularly and our best ones are always for our friends. They love it without us forcing them to. 😉
Forget those customisable burgers offered at burger joints and fast-food restaurants. Our burger buns and beef patties are all home-made and hand-made with fresh ingredients. Cook for the ones you love and impress them with our recipe for beef burgers below!
Like us on Facebook for more recipes and updates!
Makes 10 medium-sized burgers
- 1kg minced beef rump
- 2 tbsps dried rosemary (other dried herbs like basil, oregano or thyme is good too)
- 200g cheddar/gruyere/swiss/blue cheese (use to your discretion)
- 10 burgers buns – Home-Baked Burger Buns Recipe
- Butter for spreading
- 1 tsp Olive/vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cut each burger bun into half, spread butter onto the sliced sides and toast them for about 3 minutes. Set them aside when ready.
- Place the minced rump into a large bowl. Season it with the rosemary, salt and pepper. Gently mix everything together loosely. Do not mash or squeeze everything together. Mashing or squeezing will make the burgers very dense.
- Gently separate and shape the minced rump into 10 equal-sized balls. Be gentle here, don’t squeeze them into dense balls!
- Heat the olive/vegetable oil in a non-stick pan on medium heat for 2 minutes. Place a few balls of minced rump onto the pan and roughly brown most of its surface. Flatten it by gently smashing it with a spatula. Continue to cook each side for about 1.5 to 2 minutes per side. After the first flip, place a slice of cheese onto the burger. Repeat for the other burgers. *Note: If you are using minced rump, there is no need to oil the non-stick pan before cooking the burgers. The fat in the minced rump will take care of things. 😉
- Remove the burger from the heat and place it onto the bottom-half of the burger bun. Place some mushrooms and caramelised onions onto the burger before placing the top-half of the bun to complete it. The burger is ready to serve! *Note: You may add any sauce of your choice too.