Great cakes do not have to be complicated. They don’t necessarily need to be covered with lots of cream and decorative toppings. A simple orange cake like the one below makes us happy for days. Here’s our no-frills orange cake recipe. Try it out and enjoy! 🙂
Like us on Facebook for more recipes and updates!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 40 to 45 minutes
- 150g caster sugar
- 175g unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 5 tbsps fresh orange juice
- 1/2 tsp orange food colouring (optional)
- 175g self-raising flour
- Zest of 2 oranges
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Using a stand mixer, mix the butter and sugar until the mixture is soft and creamy. Next, add in the eggs, fresh orange juice, food colouring (optional), self-raising flour, and mix thoroughly.
- Remove the mixing bowl from the stand mixer, add in the orange zest, and use a spatula to mix everything in evenly.
- Transfer the mixture into an 8-inch round cake tin lined with baking paper. Spread the mixture’s surface out evenly and put it into the oven to bake for about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven and let the cake cool to room temperature before serving.