On a weekday evening, home-made food has to be extremely comforting and uncomplicated. Garlic baguettes are just the thing that fits our bill. But what if we are too lazy to get our hands dirty by mincing or crush up garlic to be spread over our baguettes? We have just the solution: Use ready -made garlic chips!
A good baguette goes well with soup or stew, but a garlic baguette goes way beyond.
Under better circumstances, such as being in the safe confines of a lazy weekend, you may also consider making your own baguettes! 😉
Like us on Facebook for more recipes and updates!
Makes 4 servings
- 1 baguette (approximately 1 foot-long) – Make your own baguettes with our recipe
- Butter for spreading
- Crispy garlic chips – Ready-made or home-made
- Cut the baguette into half (6-inch lengths) and half them down the middle.
- Spread butter generously onto them and sprinkle the garlic chips onto the buttered surfaces.
- Toast the baguettes in the oven at about 170°C for about 5 to 7 minutes at about.
- Remove from the oven and they are ready to serve.