There is no healthier way of cooking food than by steaming it. Any health-conscious geek out there will readily espouse the virtues of steamed food while gobbling it all up at the same time.
Unfortunately, however, to most people out there, steamed food is bland food. But this is not necessarily true.
In our recipe below, we will show you how simple it is to make steamed salmon with romaine lettuce, coriander, garlic, and onion. The combination of flavours from the steaming with astound you. But don’t take our word for it, try it out and let us know! 🙂
Like us on Facebook for more recipes and updates!
Serves 2 to 3
- 2 salmon fillets, about 300g each
- 1 bunch of coriander, chopped
- 1 romaine lettuce
- 1 onion, sliced/chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp of dried basil/rosemary/thyme
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: Lemon slices for squeezing onto the finished dish
- Season the salmon fillets with salt, pepper, dried herbs and olive oil. Spread the crushed garlic and coriander on both fillets.
- Line a steaming dish with some romaine lettuce leaves. Place the onions and coriander evenly onto the lettuce leaves.
- Place the salmon fillets (side-by-side, skin side up) in the dish, on top of the onions and lettuce leaves.
- Cover the salmon fillets with the remaining romaine lettuce leaves.
- Steam for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat, separate the fillets to another dish and season the vegetables in the steaming dish with salt and pepper. Cut the salmon into portions to serve with the vegetables.
- Optional: Squeeze a slice of lemon onto each portion.