We don’t have foie gras lying around in our kitchen everyday, but a friend of ours gave us a jar of it when she came over to our place for dinner recently. It was generous gift and a very welcome one.
We shared it among ourselves over a dinner of home-made burgers and were fortunate enough to have a little bit of it left over at the end of our evening.
It was put to good use the next day when we made a dish of potatoes with foie gras. If you are ever fortunate enough to have friends like ours, here is our recipe. Cheers! 🙂
Like us on Facebook for more recipes and updates!
Serves 2 to 3
- 5 medium-sized washed potatoes, cut into bite-sized wedges
- 1 tbsp jarred foie gras and fats
- 1-2 tsps ready-made garlic chips
- 1 heaped tsp butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the potatoes in water seasoned to taste with salt for about 10 minutes till the potatoes are soft.
- Add the olive oil and butter into a pan. Melt the butter on medium heat.
- Transfer the potatoes into the pan.
- Add the foie gras and fats and cook everything up for about 3 minutes. Sprinkle in some salt to taste.
- Transfer everything onto a plate. Sprinkle the garlic chips and pepper and it’s ready to serve.