There are some days when we crave a good yet simple meal of seafood. We had one of those days and just did not feel like spending the kind of exorbitant prices on seafood by eating out. Well, we satisfied our cravings by making a simple, but incredibly delicious meal of pan-seared fish with prawns and scallops in garlic and butter at home. It sure hit the spot. Try it out! 🙂
Like us on Facebook for more recipes and updates!
Makes 2 servings
- 2 fresh fillets of fish of about 100g to 200g each (white snapper/cod/ salmon is good)
- 300g tiger prawns (about 12 in total), de-shelled with the tail on
- 100g to 200g fresh scallops without shells
- 2 tsps dried basil/parsley
- 4 to 6 cloves of garlic, crushed/minced
- 2 tsps butter
- 2 tsps olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Season the fish, prawns and scallops with the dried basil/parsley, garlic (keep about 1 clove’s worth of crush/minced garlic for the next step) and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add 1 tsp of olive oil into a pan. Melt the butter on medium heat together with 1 clove of crush/minced garlic. Once melted, pan sear the fish fillets on both sides for about 6 to 7 minutes till firm and cooked. Set each fillet into a serving dish.
- Add the 1 tsp of olive oil and 1 tsp of butter into the same pan and cook the scallops and prawns in it for about 7 to 8 minutes on medium heat. Remove from heat and portion them out into the same dishes as the fish fillets. Drizzle the juices evenly over both portions and they are ready to serve.