Here’s a simple recipe for you cheese, bacon and scone, lovers out there. It’s an all in one! Try it out!
Like us on Facebook for more recipes and updates!
Makes 12 scones
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 18 minutes
- 4 to 5 slices of bacon
- 300g plain flour
- 1.5 tsps baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- A pinch of pepper
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 110g cold butter (cut into cubes)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Egg wash (1 egg + 1 tbsp milk)
- Set aside some shredded cheddar to be used as topping
- Cut the bacon into thin slices and stir fry them on medium heat till brown and crispy. Set aside to cool completely.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, salt and pepper into the bowl of a stand mixer. Attach the mixer with a paddle and mix everything up.
- Next, add in the cold butter and cheddar. Mix at a low speed till the butter is roughly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Using a small bowl, beat the egg and milk together, then pour it onto the ingredients in the mixing bowl, followed by the onions and bacon. Stir all ingredients together till the dough comes together.
- Remove the dough from the mixing bowl and place it onto a lightly floured surface. Shape the dough into a disc of about 3/4 inch thick. Using a 2.5 inch ring cutter, divide the scones into 12 pieces.
- Place all the scones onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Brush the tops with egg wash and sprinkle some cheddar on top of each.
- Bake the scones for about 18 minutes or until they turn golden brown. Serve when they are completely cool.