Soups are yummy, comforting and easy to make. Here is our take on ABC soup. Enjoy! 🙂
Like us on Facebook for more recipes and updates!
Makes 4 servings
- 300g pork ribs
- 300g pork belly, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 stalks of celery, cut into about 3-inch lengths
- 3 tbsps dried wolfberries, rinsed
- 5 to 6 baby potatoes, peeled and cut into big chunks
- 2 carrots, cut into big chunks
- 100g shitake mushrooms, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 3 tbsps Shaoxing rice wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: Chicken stock
- Blanche the pork ribs in a pot of boiling water for about 2 minutes. Discard the water and rinse the ribs under a running tap to remove all the impurities.
- Transfer the ribs into a large pot. In the same pot, add the pork belly, onion, celery, wolfberries and Shaoxing wine. Add about 3 litres of water/stock, bring everything to a boil, then let it gently simmer on medium-low heat with a lid on for about 2 to 3 hours. *Note: A mixture of stock and water may be used to further enhance the soup’s flavour.
- Add more stock/water if necessary and bring to a simmer.
- Add the potatoes, carrots and mushrooms, then let everything simmer for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and it is ready to serve.